Stories of Tita

2 września 2022

The building of Saint Paul's Cathedral


Canaletto - St Paul's Cathedral / źródło: https://upload.wikimedia.org

There is a clever story which describes how impotant our positive attitude is. Today on my first classes we talked how important motivation is. I asked my students what motivates them. They had some problems with answering. It reminded me one story about the builders of  St Paul's Cathedral. Listen....
Back at the time that  famous cathedral was being built in London, the architect, Sir Christopher Wren was visiting the site. He happened to notice three builders working closely together, two of them were frowning but the third was smiling. Curious, Sir Christopher Wren approached the three builders. He asked the first frowning builder, "What are you doing?" "I'm doing what I'm told," the builder answered, crossly. He asked the second frowning builder the same question. "I'm earning money so that I can feed my family," he snapped. Finally Sir Christopher asked the man who seemed happy, "What are you doing?" "I am building the most beautiful building in London," he replied with a smile. "For hundreds of years to come people from all over the world will visit this magnificent building and admire its beauty. They will feel uplifted and find peace here. I am playing my part in making these wonderful experiences happen. "

P.S. Always when we talk about motivation I write the sentence on the blackboard: "When you cut your own wood, it warms you twice". 
Clever, isnt't it?

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz