Stories of Tita

8 listopada 2019

One wish


W. Turner - The Thames above Waterloo Bridge

In the city of Oxford, there lived a man. He was a good, kind and happy man but for three things.
1. He supported Oxford United and they kept losing.
2. His mother had become blind.
3. He had been married for ten years and had yet to be blessed with a child.
One day the man was walking down by the River Thames, when he saw a fish flapping on the bank. Being a kind man he bent down, gently picked the fish up and returned him to the river. The fish popped back up. 
"Thank you", it said. "And as you've been kind to me, I shall be kind to you. I will give you one wish but choose wisely, you only have one."
The man thought, "I could wish for Oxford united to do well as that would be nice. Or I could wish for my mother to have her eye-sight back which would made her really happy. And I could wish that my wife and I finally have the the son we've longed for."
He thought very hard and then had an idea. He looked down to the fish.
"I wish that one day my mother will see my son score the winning goal for Oxford United in the FA cup final."
And that's what happened.

P.S. I found the story on the website:

2 komentarze:

Artur pisze...

Piękne :-)

Beata Rubio pisze...

No właśnie, jakie to ważne wiedzieć czego się chce. Dziękuję :)

Prześlij komentarz