Stories of Tita

8 marca 2019

The perfect wife


A love Affair -Emma Chichester Clark
There were two friends who used to meet every New Year's Eve and discuss their future plans. The first one asked the second, "What are you going to do this year?"
 "I'm going to find myself the perfect wife," the first friend replied, "Someone beautiful, well-educated and kind."
A year passed and the two friends met. "Tell me, how did you get on?" asked the second friend.
"Not too well. I found a girl who was beautiful but had never read a book and we had nothing in common. Next year I'll search further."
 Another year passed. "How did you get on with finding your wife this year?"
 "I searched even further and found a girl who was beautiful and well-read and I loved her for that but she was selfish. She always thought of herself. Next year I'll keep searching."
 A third year passed. "And how did you get on this year?" asked the friend again. "Did you find the perfect wife?" 
"I did," replied his friend. "I found someone beautiful, cultivated and kind but there was a small problem. She was looking for the perfect husband."


P.S. The beautiful postcard above I got from Bonnie Tsai. She was our inspirational tutor during the NLP for Teachers workshops in Canterbury. Once when we came for the session, there were a lot of colourful postcards on the floor.  As Bonnie explained later we were supposed to look for the most appealing to us. Everybody could choose only one and then we had to write several nouns or adjectives describing states and emotions which we thought the picture expressed. Then we had to show our chosen postcards to the others and read aloud the words we wrote at the back. 
After our brief presentations Bonnie asked if we can see what was this exercise for. There was silence and astonishment. Everybodydy knew what was going on. The postcard and the words somehow described ourselves and that what we value in life. That is one of the most valuable gifts I got. Thanks Bonnie Tsai!


The story "The Perfect Wife" I found on the website:   https://www.storymuseum.org.uk/ 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz