Stories of Tita

16 września 2018

Footprints




One night a man had a dream. He was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life shot, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. He realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times in his life. 
This bothered him and he questioned the Lord: When I decided to follow You, You promised to be with me all the way. But during the most troublesome times there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed You most, you left me." 
He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your time of trial and suffering, it was then I carried you." 

P.S. It's a very popular story which seems to be a cliche till the time we need it. 
Some know that it was originally a poem written by Margaret Fishback Powers 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz