Stories of Tita

14 lipca 2018

Asclepius and the Two Travellers - which one are You


źródło: www.booking.com

Asclepius was walking in the countryside just outside Athens. He was hot, tired and very thirsty when he eventually came across a small stream out of the mountain side. He sat down in the cool shade to rest and gratefully drank from this refreshing stream. Nothing had ever tasted so wonderful. No sooner had he stopped, however, than a traveller came by.
‘Excuse me’ said the traveller, ‘I’m on my way to Athens and since I’ve never been there before I’m wondering what it’s like. Can you tell me?’ ‘Where are you from?’ asked Asclepius. ‘Piraeus’ replied the traveller. ‘And what’s that like?’ asked Asclepius. ‘Oh it’s a dreadful place’ replied the man. ‘It’s full of noise, bustle and traffic; it’s dirty and full of unfriendly people.’ ‘Well’ replied Asclepius ‘I expect you’ll find Athens just the same.’ ‘Oh dear’ said the man and went on his way.
A few moments later another traveller stopped and asked ‘Excuse me, I’m on my way to Athens and since I’ve never been there before I’m wondering what it’s like. Can you tell me?’ ‘Where do you come from?’ asked Asclepius. ‘Piraeus’ replied the traveller. ‘And what’s that like?’ asked Asclepius. ‘Oh, it’s a fantastic place’ replied the man. ‘It’s vibrant and exciting; full of life and colour, and the people are some of the friendliest I’ve ever met.’ ‘Well’ replied Asclepius ‘I expect you’ll find Athens just the same.’ 'Oh good' said the man and walked on his way.
Asclepius smiled and ate his bread. It was delicious.

P.S. I heard this story for the first time many years ago when I started my adventure with storytelling on the course 'NLP for teachers' in Canterbury.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz